Tuesday 4 June 2013

Interviewing and Advising Exam/ end of term

Save for two exams, I have officially completed the first year of the LPC *fires poppers*. The Interviewing and Advising exam fell on the final day of term and so there was a mix of excitement, anticipation and nerves floating about last Wednesday. 

I am pleased to report that, generally, the exam went smoothly. I think I made two moderate errors: starting to muddle up explaining the law with giving the client the relevant options (two sections which are meant to be kept separate for clarity) and also forgetting to tell the client they would be receiving a letter of advice. I hope that these things won't prevent me from being found competent as I seemed to have a good rapport with the "client" and the interview flowed nicely. I spent exactly 20:19 on the interviewing so had a nice 9.5 minutes to complete my notes. Phew! 

I am now heavily stuck into revision for the Employment elective (exam: 11 June) and Solicitors Accounts (exam: 15 June) so you can consider me off the grid. 


In other news...
Not strictly LPC related but yesterday when I arrived at work I was unfortunately made redundant and given my 1 week's statutory notice. So any job application relief I thought I might have after the TC deadline passes will be short lived. On the bright side, I now won't need to work during exams next week.... every cloud and all that!

No comments:

Post a Comment