Tuesday 30 July 2013

Year One Results

As I sat on my bed, at 13:46, longing the minutes to go slower and simultaneously wishing it was all over, I was lured back into 'exam hysteria'. By this point I could no longer care and the constant bleeping of my Whatsapp group message became a comfort. 

By 14:02 I was logged on and hovering the pointer over the 'open' button beside my results. Here they are:

- Interviewing: Competent
- Solicitors Accounts: 90% (pass)
- Employment: 79% (distinction) 

Relief is an absolute understatement and I am over the moon with my results. Needless to say a few drinks are on the cards for me tonight...

In terms of my friends, I don't know their precise marks but I do know that the main instigator of 'exam hysteria' achieved a distinction in the employment elective and passed everything else. That's always the way! Regardless, everyone is returning for a second year of LPC madness and I cannot wait.


In other news...

Remember the legal admin position I was applying for a few weeks back? Well, I got it! In addition to this role a training contract has been discussed and is on the cards for 2015/2016 providing the firm like me so I am extremely pleased. I will initially be based in one of their smaller offices with a lovely tight knit team and I just can't wait to get stuck in. I guess the suit paid off ;)

Given the above, I halted my TC applications once I had received the job offer. Now I know that the TC isn't exactly certain, and probably a lot of you will disagree with my approach, but I am keen to train with this particular firm and would like to see how it plays out. Obviously, I won't withdraw any completed applications and will be interested to see how they fare too. 

I hope you all did well in exams and good luck with your applications!

No comments:

Post a Comment